Oil Seal Selection Guide
Part Number Description
All of our oil seal part numbers are comprised of the shaft, bore and width dimensions,. These are then followed by the style or type of design. Finally there are designations for material and an other design preferences.
Shaft – the diameter of the shaft where the seal will operate
Bore – the diameter of the bore where the seal will operate
Width or Depth – Actual width of the seal, or if not specified, the depth of the bore
Style – Refer to catalog pages
Lip Material- Material of sealing element, 70/75 durometer
- NBR or 2 = Nitrile or Buna
- PA = Polyacrylate
- VI = FKM/Viton®
- SI = Silicone
- PTFE = Teflon®
- 4 = NBR 90 duro used for WPB & DWI designs
- SS – Stainless steel spring
- SSS - Stainless steel spring and can
- C or ND – Coated metal O.D., not painted or ground, just coated with a rust preventative
- P or PD– Painted metal O.D.
- G or GD – Ground metal O.D.
- R – Used with rubber covered O.D as a separator between style and material. F.ex., TCR2 is TC style, NBR material, the ‘R’ is a place holder, R & L are also used with helix designs. An H will proceed the design for Helix, F.Ex., HTCR is TC style, right helix.
- OD paint colors are generally our standard blue, however a color can be specifically requested for new tools. We cannot change paint color for any stock parts. Stock parts which are not painted can have a color added after manufacture, by request. Ground OD parts will not come painted unless specially requested and approved. OD paint color designations:
- P0 = red
- P1 = black
- P2 = blue (our standard)
- P3 = light blue
- P4 = gray
- P5 = green
- P6 = yellow
- P7 = orange
- P8 = brown
- P9 = light green
Inch: 10001500-250, WPBG4 = 1.000” shaft dia., 1.500” bore dia., 0.250” width, WPB
style, ground O.D., Nitrile 90 material.
Inch: 05001000-250, SB2P2 = .0500" shaft, 1.000" bore, .0250" width SB2 style (single lip with spring), blue painted OD
Metric: 10 x 20 x 7, TCR2 = 10mm shaft dia, 20mm bore dia., 7mm width, TC style,